Moving an office is no less challenging than moving a home. At home, you usually have a few large items and fewer small items. But in the case of an office, you usually have heavy furniture like a wardrobe, computer, electronic equipment, and accessories, etc. All these office accessories require safe and secure packing and careful care of all these goods.
More problematic in terms of office moving is that you have to ensure minimal downtime in delivering your product and services. And to ensure minimal downtime during an office move, you must begin planning your move in advance.
Check out office tips
- If an upcoming office moves, and you’re wondering how to move your office safely, soundly and effortlessly, here is a super compilation of 51 office moving tips to make your office move smoothly.
- First of all, office shifting requires a comprehensive plan and therefore, no matter what, you should start planning to move office and before the scheduled transfer date. And using the office shifting checklist can really help you plan to move your upcoming office very efficiently.
- Business transfers should generally be planned months before the actual transfer date. But if it is a very big business move, it is better to start planning at least six months before moving forward.
- Now that you have a relocation plan, just make sure to find a moving budget.
- If necessary, cut all unnecessary expenses so that you can have a good budget for office relocation.
- To get a fair idea of how much money you may need for office relocation, it is recommended that you do your research on an office relocation, and learn more about standard market rates and all possible expenses that you may have Have to bear.
- Now that the office relocation process is underway, you are ready to try and find a new office where you are going.
- When you are looking for a new office location, make sure everything is suitable such as office size, electricity, internet, connectivity, location, etc.
- If your company has an expansion plan, keep this in mind when choosing the size of your new office space.
- When you are moving an office it can be seriously important to try and take your team into confidence. Therefore, call a meeting and share the office relocation plan with your team.
- Information and Technology (IT) department should be informed in advance so that they can start planning for the transfer of all technical things like servers, other equipment, phone connections, internet planning, etc.
- Check state laws about when a company is required to give notice to employees.
How do you prepare for an office move?
As you know moving to a new office requires adequate planning, especially when you are moving an oversized office. And so you have to prepare well for an office move. And the best way to prepare:
- Inform your team and create a transfer timeline
- Involve your teams from different departments
- Create a step coordinator to take care of the transfer process
- Make a list of important office items that need to be moved
- Find items that can be sold/donated or recycled
- Find a moving company with experience in commercial moving
- Build your new office
- And finally, move
More Info Click On Link Movers And Packers Bangalore